The ALTAIR Robotics Lab at the University of Verona (Italy) Department of Computer Science is inviting applications for the below positions.
Contact, Information and Applications:
Professor Paolo Fiorini – firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Verona (UNIVR) was founded 30 years ago, giving autonomy to a spinoff of the University of Padua. Being at the center of a large agricultural basin, the University of Verona has focused on issues related to human well being, such as health, agriculture, economy and humanities. In particular, the Faculty of Medicine has reached a significant level of quality and innovation, and it fostered the establishment of the Faculty of Sciences in 1995. Within the Faculty of Sciences, the Department of Computer Science was started in 2001, which now counts about 50 Faculty members, and a thousand students. It offers specialization in theoretical computer science, multi-media, embedded systems and bio and medical informatics.
Mechanical Engineer for a research project on the design and construction of robotic inspection systems in confined spaces, such as industrial machinery.
The project is aimed at developing technologies for the production of complex mechanical components, such as joints and gripping devices, using additive techniques that avoid the assembly phases of these complex devices.
The candidate must have a Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and will take care of the design and implementation of the system in collaboration with a project team. The following skills / attitudes are required:
• Use of the most common tools for mechanical design.
• Attitude to experimentation and to the creation of innovative solutions.
• Ability to set up and manage an experimental setup.
• Attitude to team working and interdisciplinarity.
• Editorial skills for transfer and dissemination of results.
• Ability to draw up technical documents in English.
• Under 35 years old.
Work location: Verona.
We look for individuals interested in the design of long, articulated robots to be used for inspection and repair in very confined spaces
• Design the robotic device and supervise its fabrication
• Adapt the design to additive manufacturing techniques
• Develop verification and durability tests
• Develop the appropriate documentation for certification Qualifications
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, PhD a plus
• Ability to translate user’s requirements into design specifications
• Strong problem solving and communication skills
• Fluent in Italian and English